The job page is a central part of Orthinc, you can think of it as a classical paper job sheet with super powers! Here you can store a description, notes, labour, parts and more related to a specific job and important information is accessible from both desktop and mobile.
Creating the Job
To get started simply click the "Add Job" button on the jobs page!
From here you will see a popup where you can enter your basic job details - don't worry, you can always go back to edit these later.
- The Job Name, should be a short and simple identifier for the jobs that you and your engineers will easily recognise
- In the Description you should enter any instructions or initial job notes that your engineers will be able to reference later
- The Admin Description can not been seen by engineers on site and could include sensitive information like prices or access codes.
You can also add a client, and location to this job. For more about this, read the article linked at the bottom of this page!
When we've entered all our info, you can click "Save" and you will be taken to your new job page!
The Job Page
Now you've created the job you will see all those basic details we entered earlier, as well as an arrangement of tabs which allow you to add rich information to your job!
Want to know more?
You've taken your first steps into creating a job, and we encourage you to go out on your own and take a look around, you won't break anything! Want to learn more? Why not check out the help articles below.
- Adding engineers to a job
- Notes and Files
- Purchase Order Codes and Stock
- Recording Your Labour Time
- Variation Orders
- Invoicing and Quoting
As always, if you can't find the help that you are looking for, just send us a message by clicking on the chat icon in the bottom right of the screen! 😄